With all these new social media tools at our disposal, it’s easy to overlook the tried and true methods. Email marketing is still an easy and efficient way to get a message to your target customer base quickly. A lot of retail businesses get stuck figuring out how to build an extensive email base. Fortunately it is a lot easier than you may think. Look through these 7 ways to build your customer email base and see which ones you can use for your retail business.
- Business card: Let customers know they can sign up by putting a website to visit on the back of your business card.
- Contests: make the contest sign-up username their email
- Discount: People are always looking for great deals. In trade for their email send them a special promotional offer.
- Incentive: create an ’email only’ discount that you don’t offer anywhere else.
- Referral: if a customer refers someone and you get their email, give them a discount