There has been a lot of talk about Pinterest lately and rightfully so. Everyone’s favorite new network is lighting up the referral traffic game, currently responsible for driving more traffic than Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube combined. This edition of social media vocabulary brings you the basics of Pinterest and what all this ‘pinning’ verbiage means.
- Pin: A pin is an image saved to Pinterest. You can pin any image you see online or repin one another user has pinned.
- Board: A board is a collection of pins. These are usually themed and users can have as many different boards as they like.
- Pinning: The act of saving an image to one of your boards on Pinterest.
- Repin: Pinning an image to one of your boards that was previously pinned by another user to one of their boards.
- Pin it button: The tool Pinterest has created to make it easy to pin any image in your browser just by a button. When you sign up, Pinterest will ask guide you on how to install this button.