Wives of Faith is an great social media site for women in the military who believe in God. The site is dedicated to connecting, supporting, and encouraging military wives. There are many different features that are extremely resourceful.
Outside of membership:
- Prayer Ministry: The site receives prayer requests via email ([email protected]). Each request that is received is read by those on the Prayer Ministry team who begin immediately praying for your needs. There is also an opportunity to join the prayer team to pray for others.
- Survival Sister Semester: is a unique ministry to Wives of Faith which pairs military wives together to connect, encourage and pray for one another. This is a great way to get to know another military wife!
- Retreat: The Wives of Faith Weekend Retreat takes place September 23-24 in Nashville, TN. Women all over the world are able to come together and connect in person for the weekend.
- Find places to volunteer.
- Read their blog that focuses on many topics such as faith, deployment, marriage, kids, and money.
- Write for the site’s blog.
- Connect with a group that meets in your area. Or start one!
- Receive a weekly electronic newsletter to connect.
In addition to all of this, once you become a member (which is free) you have access to the Wives of Faith Community – the site’s brand new interactive social network. The social media site is like Facebook for military wives who believe in God. You are able to have a personal profile, post status updates and wall messages, create events, and join groups. You can also upload a variety of things such as videos, photos, music, and your personal blog. Below is a picture of my profile. As you can see, it is similar to Facebook, but it is a tighter nit community. Check out what military wives have to say about it here.