At Salty Waffle we were recently updating our social media vocabulary page with about 100 new words (!), and noticed that we have quite a bit on Twitter and somehow, seem to have slightly neglected Facebook. Today is going to make up for that because we have 5 new social media vocabulary terms that are right from the world of Facebook. Specifically, we’re going to take a look at some of the most popular Applications as ranked by AppData.
- Causes: Causes has been in the headlines during the past week since the Red Cross started their campaign to raise money for disaster relief in Japan. The application is built on Facebook and allows member to start ’causes’ that benefit a non-profit of their choice. Causes allows you to spread the word, donate, and interact with other people supporting the mission of a particular cause. Since it started, Causes has grown to 140 million users, has 500,000 user generated causes, and raised over $30 million dollars for charity and non-profits.
- Conduit: Conduit may be the biggest app you never heard of. They describe themselves as “the fastest-growing network of Web and mobile app publishers, with over 260,000 members and their 230 million end-users. The Conduit Network empowers publishers – from global brands to independent developers – to create, exchange and distribute apps, and to collaborate through business partnerships.”
- Badoo: Badoo is one of the world’s biggest dating sites (Alexa rank is 150) and it’s corresponding Facebook Application has become one of the fastest growing and most popular apps.
- Cityville: One of the several games that developer Zynga has in the top 10 Facebook Applications, Cityville came after the hugely successful Farmville, also by Zynga. It is currently the most popular Facebook app, and it’s not close.
- Phrases: Phrases is a simple, but crazy popular app that gives you a quote of the day and also allows you to publish your own to your personal network.
Take a look at the list AppData has on Facebook applications, the top ones are changing all the time and it is interesting to see the fastest growing ones. Have a great Tuesday!