This is a fun edition of our weekly social media vocabulary piece that will hopefully help to clear up some of the stammering that happens when you are trying to pick the right T-word with Twitter. 5 more social media vocabulary terms to take-in:
1. Tweep: One of your twitter people. Twitter + people = Tweep! This could be a follower or a person you follow, anyone that is part of your Twitter network.
2. Tweet: A 140 character or less status update. A form of micro-blogging but in the Twitter world its called a tweet. Just a short blurb about anything and everything from social media to ice cream.
3. Twittersphere: The huge floating cloud in the sky (well, cloud somewhere in a Silicon Valley server farm) that holds everything Twitter. The Twittersphere is made up of tweeps, tweets, and tweeters.
4. RT or ReTweet: When someone re-posts your tweet. This could be because they really like it and want to share it with their own tweeps. Generally, getting ReTweeted is a very good thing, especially when that tweet has a link you want people to see in it.
5. Twitterisms: all words Twitter! So any of these words and many, many more. With more to be invented I’m sure!
Thanks for stopping by the Salty Waffle, have a twitterific Tuesday! If you need help with other social media vocabulary words let us know in the comments or sign up for one our awesome in-depth social media classes.