1) LinkedIn Groups: This is the perfect way to link people in your church community for any specific topic. Watch the video below to understand how LinkedIn Groups work. And remember! You can create a group of your own for your members to use. An article by Billy Rivera explains 10 Steps on how to create your own LinkedIn Group.
2) LinkedIn Skills: is a whole new way to understand the landscape of skills & expertise, who has them, and how the landscape changing over time. When checking this out for myself, I searched for Pastoral Care and got referred many pastoral care professionals who are on LinkedIn. Likewise, it connected me with a large array of pastoral care groups that I could join.
3) LinkedIn Today delivers the day’s top news, tailored to you based on what your connections and industry peers are reading and sharing. It gives you deeper insights into who is sharing the news.
4) TextIn is an application that allows for quicker searching. It features the following commands:
- Invite: Invite someone to connect on LinkedIn
- Search: Find anyone across LinkedIn’s 100M+ members
- Profile: Lookup a LinkedIn profile
- Update: Post an update to your LinkedIn connections
An interesting fact is that this application is currently a prototype that is currently only available in the United States. By learning to use it now, you can get ahead of the learning curve! Check out a great example of how to use this app in an article on the LinkedIn blog.
To learn more about how to be successful with LinkedIn see this past Salty Waffle article with 12 helpful tips.