In the biggest year ever in social media, Facebook and Twitter stayed on top. What is more interesting is what everyone had to say on those two behemoth networks all year. Below are two Top 10 lists, one is a list of the top 10 tweets and the other the top Facebook status trends. Justin Bieber has his little hands all over both…
- In honor of oil-soaked birds, ‘tweets’ are now ‘gurgles.’ http://bit.ly/cIhZNf – Stephen Colbert
- We always ignore the ones who adore us, and adore the ones who ignore us. – Drizzy Drake (Drake)
- Aaaaaaahhhhhhmmmmm baaaaakkkkkkkkkk! – Lil’ Wayne
- Te quiero mucho mi amor. – Justin Bieber
- Just noticed Twitter keeps prompting me to “Add a location to your tweets”. Not falling for that one. – Al Queda
- I cry because I love Justin Bieber!!! – Joe Jonas
- I’m beautiful in my way, ’cause God makes no mistakes. I’m on the right track, baby. I was Born This Way. – Lady Gaga
- I’m sorry Taylor. – Kanye West
- Justin Bieber just flashed me his abs in the middle of a restaurant! Wow! He actually had a lil 6 pack! Sexy, lol! #Beliebersplzdontkillme – Rihanna
- Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog sh**. – Justin (sh**mydadsays)
- HMU – ‘Hit me up’, a phrase that got about 1,600 hits a day at points during the year.
- World Cup – At one point during the year, 50% of all statuses worldwide were related to the World Cup.
- Movies – Mobile updates contributed to the movie talk this year with top movies being Inception, Toy Story 3, and Iron Man 2.
- iPad and iPhone 4 – Love ’em or hate ’em, it was a big year for Apple.
- Haiti – 4 minutes after the quake, statuses were coming in at about 120 a second.
- Justin Bieber – Yeah, him again.
- Games – Farmville and Frontierville contributed to the popular phrase ‘barn raising’.
- Miners/Mineros – There was a spike for each individual minor that was rescued as it was happening.
- Airplanes – The lyrics from the international hit song ‘Airplanes Pt. 2’ by B.o.B. and featuring Hayley Williams of the band Paramore became a popular way to write out wishes in people’s updates.
- 2011 – seems everyone is looking forward to the new year!